[linux-elitists] $9314 worth of beer.

Emanuel Pirker epirker@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Wed Dec 8 12:14:05 PST 1999

This VERY VERY overpaid. Why paying $53,593 to somebody who inserts a
CDROM, does some mouseclicks and then for each installed service pack
level N says "Yes, M$ has done a fabulous job so far but to actually make
it work we will have to wait for service pack N+1".

But when paying software licence fees, I gues $53,593 for an "admin" is
not the problem any more...

However, this is something where Linux truly beats out commercial
Unixes. Suits may calculate that Unix systems have a higher total cost
because administration is more expenive. If you buy a commercial Unix, you
really have to pay $$$. In the Linux case, the world looks fundamentally
different :-)

Cheers,

Emanuel