[linux-elitists] Dell "forced" to sell Windows in Belgium

Seth David Schoen schoen@loyalty.org
Thu Aug 19 09:36:57 PDT 1999

Heather writes:

> > > Being the type that I am, that has given me a sneaky idea.  Actually I've
> > > had the idea before, but their final reply to this Belgian fella merely
> > > makes it profitable.  I mentioned it to the FSF off hand at one point,
> > > but y'know, they don't have to be the only ones to do it.
> >
> > Is this the "buy a machine, use it, and return it because you disagree
> > with the EULA" idea?
> >
> >                     Seth David Schoen <schoen@loyalty.org>
>
> Nope!  Everybody's already thought of that one.  I've left myself quoted
> so you still have the hint, let's see how many of us can get it on our
> own :)
>
> Teehee, before we were just picking on the big boys, now this is fun.

Is it

	3. Customers can get a system without an OS provided they request this
	in writing and state they have a licensed version of an OS they are
	planning on installing (Possible on all productlines: OptiPlex -
	Precision -Latitude - PowerEdge).

?

--
                    Seth David Schoen <schoen@loyalty.org>
      They said look at the light we're giving you,  /  And the darkness