[linux-elitists] Dell "forced" to sell Windows in Belgium

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Wed Aug 18 22:59:42 PDT 1999

> Heather writes:
>
> > > http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~geert/DELL_and_MS.html
> >
> > Being the type that I am, that has given me a sneaky idea.  Actually I've
> > had the idea before, but their final reply to this Belgian fella merely
> > makes it profitable.  I mentioned it to the FSF off hand at one point,
> > but y'know, they don't have to be the only ones to do it.
>
> Is this the "buy a machine, use it, and return it because you disagree
> with the EULA" idea?
>
>                     Seth David Schoen <schoen@loyalty.org>

Nope!  Everybody's already thought of that one.  I've left myself quoted
so you still have the hint, let's see how many of us can get it on our
own :)

Teehee, before we were just picking on the big boys, now this is fun.

* Heather