[linux-elitists] Elite vs. Elitist

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Mon Aug 2 17:06:26 PDT 1999

> Heather writes:
> > > Luser:   Doesn't get the "Red Hat IPO letter"
> > >
> > > Elite:   Gets the Red Hat IPO letter.
> > >
> > > Elitist: Gets the Red Hat IPO letter but doesn't know it because
> > >          his aggressive spam filters trash it.  Finds out he
> > >          was on the list from the "Reminder" letter that, for some
> > >          reason, was not captured by the spam filters.
> >
> > Master of the Force: Already knew the SEC issue that makes most folk
> >            ineligible.
>
> A Master of the Force should already have caused the SEC to issue a new
> Final Rule exempting Linux users from any other prejudicial administrative
> regulations of the SEC.

Hmm.  Obi-Wan heard 6 *illion people's deaths, but wasn't able to do much
about it, and the Clone Wars still managed to destroy most of the Jedi.
To expect such mind control powers as have been ascribed to Masters of the
Force to have any effect on this, would be to assume that brains were
involved in the SEC's decisions in the first place, which I'm inclined to
doubt.  Wallets, more likely.

It will be amusing if the SEC ends up generating some sort of special category
for directed stock opportunities with future companies, but it will not help
RH (though it might be worth marketing points).  It will be further amusing
if some other Linux company were to manage to take advantage of the results.

* Heather